- Mauricedale Nature Estate offers:
- 6 600 ha, in Mpumalanga, South Africa, covering majestic mountainous areas through to sprawling plains, with large swathes under an excellent Lowveld Canopy
- Wildlife stocked
- Multiple dams, many stocked with fish
- Bushman paintings
- 1 x 76 bed lodge
- Zoning approval for 2 additional lodges
- Sub-division of 100 private residential stands, 1 ha each, scattered through the mountains, plains, seasonal river beds and dams
- 1 main farm house and 8 further residential farm houses/cottages
- Shooting Range
- Fenced throughout
- 800 km gravel road network
- Eskom power
- Water rights from Crocodile River; dams; boreholes; and a natural fountain
- Close proximity to Kruger National Park, Leopard Creek Golf Estate, Mozambique’s Indian Ocean Coastline
- 4 hrs from Johannesburg/Pretoria/OR Tambo and 1 hour from Maputo
- Big 5 development-ready
SOLD AS A GOING CONCERN WITH LOCK , STOCK & BARREL
VALUED FOR OVER R450 MILLION PRE –AUCTION OR BID OFFER FROM R155 MIL excl Claremart fee.
- Mauricedale Overview
- Mauricedale Nature Estate is situated 15 kms south of the world-famous Kruger National Park’s Malelane entrance gate, and a good drive, chip and a putt from the exclusive Leopard Creek Golf Estate in the Mpumalanga Province of South Africa. It is south of the N4 between Malelane and Hectorspruit, 75 km east of the Mpumalanga capital, Nelspruit, and a mere 45-kilometres west of the Lebombo / Komatipoort border post with Mozambique.
- Access to the Estate may be gained via any of three entrances off the N4, the R570 and the P80-1.
- The Landscape
- This unique game farm is 6 600 hectares in extent with beautiful and highly varied topography from majestic mountainous areas through to sprawling plains, and has large swathes covered by an excellent Lowveld Canopy. Stretters Creek, a prominent non-perennial river, flows in a north-easterly direction towards the Crocodile River, which lies 400m north of the property. A number of easterly, southerly and south-easterly drainage features feed into Stretters Creek.
- The Wildlife
- The entire property is fenced on the boundary and is currently home to a large variety of game species including Buffalo, Hippo, Nyala, Giraffe, Eland, Kudu, Zebra, Impala and more, all ranging free across the estate.
- A 100-ha enclosed breeding camp is situated in the middle of the farm, sub-divided into 24 smaller camps, for the breeding of Roan, Sable and the “Small Five” including Blue Duiker, Suni, Cape Grysbok, Red Duiker and Klipspringer.
- A Small Mammal and Bird Park situated at the main farm house is home to a flock of 20 flamingos, a few Blue and Crowned Cranes, and a number of the “Small Five” species mentioned above. This park, which doubles as the main residence garden, has koi breeding ponds and an elaborate garden water feature system.
- A number of dams across the farm are well stocked with fish.
- Buildings include:
- 9 residential farm houses/cottages, including the
- main farm house, scattered across the Estate
- Workshops/Maintenance facilities
- Thanda Nani, 28 rooms with 64 bed, plus 6 permanent tents with 12 beds, fully operational lodge under management
- A veterinary certified fully equipped game abattoir
- Shooting Range
- Zoning approval has been granted for a further two lodges, and 100 additional private residential stands of 1 ha each scattered through the mountains, plains, seasonal river beds and dams.
- The property holds an Exemption Certificate to Hunt, Capture & Sell Game, providing a convincing business case when paired with the shooting range and abattoir facilities.
- 45 ha of Papayas (Paw Paws)
- 34 ha of Litchis
- Both of these are currently leased out to tenants who grow commercially.
- There are half a dozen large earthen dams as well as many smaller dams/watering holes and reservoirs, which serve as the main source of drinking water. There is a perennial fountain which is utilized by the animals. There are 15-20 serviceable boreholes on the farm.
- The property holds water rights from the Crocodile River.
- Sewage is waterborne to septic tanks and French drains.Roads
- The estate boasts approximately 800km of roads snaking their way through and criss-crossing this entire pristine bushveld environment. The main traversing roads are well maintained full gravel.
- The property also houses a number of communication towers and repeater stations, on lease to various owners.
- Farm name: MAURICEDALE NATURE ESTATE
- Farm no: 1003
- Portion no: 1-109
- Farm size: 6505.6053 H
- Farm name: IMPALA BOERDERY
- Farm no: 231
- Portion no: 3
- Farm size: 106.2351 H
CAN'T MAKE THE AUCTION?
Telephonic bidding facilities available!
T's & C's Apply